|“||I was worried that I could not accept the interview due to bad eyes.||”|
Maika Sakuranomiya is a 16-year-old girl who despite having a positive and cheerful personality, unintentionally gains a sadistic look in her eyes whenever she smiles. This look catches the attention of Dino who scouts her to be the sadistic girl waitress at Cafe Stile. Despite being told that the customers like being treated badly, her worry about how she is treating customers gets the better of her, causing her to snap into an apologetic personality as soon as they have left. She comes from a very traditional family and works part-time so she could study abroad using her own money. Her love of other countries also makes her develop an admiration towards the "old man from the chicken place" and Santa Claus. She adores Dino because of his blond hair but is oblivious about his crush on her. There are hints of a growing relationship between them.
Maika has a fairly slim figure, with purple eyes, and purple-black hair, usually tied in low twintails. She is one of the shorter workers at Cafe Stile, next to Hideri and Mafuyu. Her work attire is a pink version of the Stile uniforms. When she isn’t in her work uniform she is in her school uniform, which also consists of pink.
Maika is a sweet and caring girl, who can at sometimes be oblivious to things, such as Dino's crush. She is sometimes described as a moe because she has a very innocent mind. Although she plays a sadistic character, she feels as though she is being rude to the customers, so she will continuously apologize once they have left.
- Maika's surname Sakuranomiya means "cherry blossom" (桜) (sakura) and "temple, shrine, palace" (宮) (miya).
- Maika got bored of Japanese Culture at the age of 5.
- It is revealed that when Maika's hair isn't tied down, it normally explodes with static electricity.
- Maika's Zodiac sign is Aries.
- In the anime, Maika's hair is clearly black grape colored, yet her colleagues (Dino especially) say it is black, so we do as well.
- There are hints of Maika being from a wealthy family.